Golden Milk is an ancient healing beverage used for digestion, inflammation, and pain. It's particularly soothing at bedtime.
Ingredients for 1 large, or 2 small servings:
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut milk or other non-dairy milk
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 4 whole peppercorns or 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and heat over medium high just to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Whisk vigorously and then strain into serving cup.
- Golden Milk can be made in large batches and stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Simple warm up and serve as needed.