My son's favorite zucchini muffins, they are utterly fabulous and just happen to be gluten-free. I use my Cat's Gluten-Free Whole Grain Flour Blend to give them a nutritional boost, and pack them tightly with shredded zucchini to maximize the flavor and moistness.
You'll get a dozen from this recipe. They keep really well in the freezer so if you've got an extra pan I'd recommend doubling up and keeping them on hand.
1 1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons Cat's Gluten-Free Whole Grain Flour Blend
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
1/2 cup organic cane sugar
1/2 cup coconut oil
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups shredded zucchini
- Preheat oven to 350 and line your muffin pan with cupcake papers or spray cups with baking spray.
- In a small bowl combine the flour blend, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon if using. Whisk together to combine well.
- Beat the eggs and sugar on medium for about 2 minutes or until the eggs have lightened in color.
- Add the oil and beat on medium 1 minute.
- Add the vanilla and zucchini and mix just to combine. Add the dry mixture and stir to combine, don't overbeat.
- Portion into the muffins cups with a large spoon or ice cream scooper.
- Bake until set in the center, about 15-20 minutes. Allow to cool in the pan 5 minutes then turn out onto a cooling rack. (cooling completely in the pan will result is soggy bottoms- eeewwww!)
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer.
Hope you enjoy! XOXO