3 large zucchini, grated
1 teaspoon salt
1 shallot, diced
1 garlic clove, diced
1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
1/2 + crumbled feta cheese
1/4 cup gluten free flour mix (I like Angel’s)
salt & pepper to taste
olive oil for sautéing
1 cup greek yogurt
2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
juice of 1 lemon
salt and pepper to taste
- Place the grated zucchini in a colander and sprinkle with the salt, allow to sit for about 15 minutes while chopping your shallot and garlic.
- Squeeze the excess moisture out of the zucchini then place in a large bowl.
- Add shallot, garlic, eggs, mint, feta and flour to the zucchini. Combine and season with salt and pepper.
- Add enough olive oil to your saute pan to coat the bottom of the pan and heat over medium. While pan heats, use your hands, two spoons, or an ice cream scoop, to form balls of zucchini mixture.
- Place 3-4 balls into your hot pan, and press down to flatten to about 1 inch tall. Make sure you keep at least 2 inches between each fritter so they will brown nicely and not “steam” each other.
- Cook on each side for about 2-3 minutes until golden. Remove to a paper towel to drain.
- Prepare the Yogurt-Mint Sauce: Combine all ingredients.
- Serve fritters warm or room temperature with sauce on top or on the side.
- Fritters will keep in the refrigerator for 3 days or in the freezer for 1 month. Sauce keeps in refrigerator for 3 days.